Our diverse and talented workforce deserves an outstanding employee experience. That's where we come in.
University HR supports Stanford's mission in these ways:
- Attract, develop, reward and retain a diverse and talented workforce
- Foster a productive work environment where people feel valued
- Support the changing nature of work and the workplace environment
- Add value and reflect good stewardship of resources
- Are fair, ethical and legally compliant
Our Organizational Structure and How to Contact Us
Our Vice President for Human Resources reports to Stanford's President and ensures the university's leaders are informed about workforce issues and guided when making strategic decisions. View our University Human Resources organization that outlines the key services, plans, programs and contacts.
Our Workplace Recognition
We're proud to highlight recent workplace recognition.
Our Current Projects
Our projects and priorities reflect the direction of Stanford's leaders as a major employer in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our Workplace Policies
The Administrative Guide contains Stanford's workplace (non-research) policies; Chapter 2 is Human Resources and Chapter 12 is Global Activities, which includes HR policies for international employees. Faculty policies are contained in the Faculty Handbook.
A description of our employee and retiree offerings are included in the Cardinal at Work website.