Employee & Labor Relations
UHR-ELR provides guidance on and handles complex employment issues to promote and contribute to a fair, respectful, diverse, and high-performance culture. Our services include:
- Being a resource to employees for workplace concerns, including discrimination and harassment complaints
- Consulting with managers and local Human Resources offices to navigate and resolve issues related to employee performance, conduct, workplace accommodations, and other issues
- Interpreting, revising, developing, and answering questions about workplace policies and procedures
- Negotiating, interpreting, and administering the university’s collective bargaining agreements with SEIU Higher Education Workers Local 2007 and Stanford Deputy Sheriffs’ Association
- Managing other university programs and processes, including workplace investigations, background check adjudications, staff grievances, the Protection of Minors policy, mandated reporter processes, as well as involuntary terminations and layoffs
- Handling Title IX matters involving staff and postdoctoral scholars
Please note that all concerns of discrimination and harassment (including hostile work environment) based on a protected category relating to the conduct or actions of staff must be reported to UHR-ELR.
Contact email@example.com or 650-721-4272.
For more information about resources regarding employee concerns, please see Address Concerns.
Formal grievance/appeal procedures may also be available; please see Grievance/Appeal Processes.