Human Resources processes are carried out both centrally from departments within University HR and locally with school/VP area HR professionals.
Processes associated with health and retirement benefits, staff compensation/pay administration, career and professional development, manager tools, performance management, resolving workplace issues, tuition reimbursement and training assistance programs and more are detailed on the Cardinal at Work website.
- Policies, procedures and and practices related to conducting background checks on new hire academic and non-academic staff
- Policies, procedures and practices related to supporting disability leaves for leave-eligible employees
- Policies, procedures and practices for effective employee relations and labor/collective bargaining relations
Faculty Affairs (part of Provost's Office)
- Implements University policy regarding appointments and promotions, salary setting, leaves, endowed chair appointments, appeals, and other matters of an academic nature
Faculty Development & Diversity (part of Provost's Office)
- Resources to support the scholarly contributions, skills and professional activities of faculty, with a particular focus on the development of junior faculty as scholars and scientists, teachers, mentors and leaders in their disciplines and in their communities
- A secure website for HR managers and HR associates with tools, templates and information related to workforce management. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
- Guidance, system job aids, practices and procedures for distributed system management of records for employees
- A set of tools, forms and guidance on topics related to managing people
- Full-service recruiting resource and hiring manager tools to fill a regular staff position or hire temporary help, and information and tools to manage the onboarding process