HR Operations (HR Ops) is your “one stop shop” and center of expertise for PeopleSoft transactions, verifying data, making corrections, and coordinating processing and system improvements. Visit the HR Management System to access transaction forms, job aids, and other relevant resources. Refer to the Background Checks Website for requirements and resources specific to the background checks process.
For Faculty, Academic Staff, Non-Academic Staff, Student, and Contingent Employees, HR Ops can complete (initiate, approve, and load) all these types of transactions on your behalf:
|Regular New Hires/Rehires||Terminations||Job Changes||Taleo Job Postings|
|One-Time Supplemental Payments||Transfers in/Transfers Out||Job Record Releases||Background Checks & Compliance|
|Recurring Supplemental Payments||Off-Cycle Check Requests||Salary Changes||Demographic Updates|
|Global Employees||Temp/Casual Hires||Student Hires||Promotions|
|Non-Employee Affiliates||Leaves of Absence||FTE Changes||Sabbaticals|
|Batch One-Time Supplemental Payments||Batch Recurring Supplemental Payments||Batch Student Job Code Changes||Batch Contingent Pay Rate Changes|
|Batch Contingent Hours Changes||Batch STF Reports To Changes|
In addition, use the New Hire Privacy Portal to collect the birth date and social security number for new hires. No need to wait for the completed I-9 or phone call from future hires to collect this protected data prior to processing the hire into PeopleSoft. Privacy Portal link: Stanford Secure Hiring Privacy Portal
HR Ops has implemented a continuous improvement program, with ongoing measurement of both timeliness and accuracy, to ensure high quality and confidentiality of Stanford’s HR data. Other goals include;
- Leveraging system and institutional knowledge by providing high quality transaction services from process and system experts
- Reducing costs to schools and departments by offering economies of scale in a service center structure
- Improving the reliability of HR data, now viewed by Stanford leadership using HR Metrics
- Ensuring consistent application of policies and procedures, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Easing the burden on school and departmental staff, enabling them to better support their employees
Our Transaction Deadlines
- Single transactions will be completed within 48 hours (2 business days) of receipt. We will waive the 48-hour advance notice requirement for true emergencies such as next day off-cycle checks or terminations.
- Small Batch transactions (5-50 transactions) will be completed within 72 hours (3 business days).
- Large Batch transactions (50+ transactions) should be submitted at least five (5) business days prior to PeopleSoft lockout day, or scheduled in advance.
- Taleo Job Posting Requests: will be will be completed within 24 hours, i.e. by the same time tomorrow (or next business day). Exceptions: when a new position number needs to be created and the request is received on PeopleSoft lockout days.
We will always try to prioritize your unforeseen items that require a fast turnaround time. View the Payroll calendar for further information.
Upcoming HR Ops Deadlines:
Thank you for following the upcoming deadline dates to help us prioritize requests to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
|Pay Period End||Large Batch (50+)||Small Batch (5-50)||Single|
|6/30/20||Tuesday, 6/23/20||Thursday, 6/25/20||Friday, 6/26/20|
|7/15/20||Wednesday, 7/8/20||Friday, 7/10/20||Monday, 7/13/20|
|7/31/20||Monday, 7/27/20||Wednesday, 7/29/20||Thursday, 7/30/20|
|8/15/20||Monday, 8/10/20||Wednesday, 8/12/20||Thursday, 8/13/20|
Our Service Level Agreement
HR Ops operates under a Service Level Agreement, which provides clarity of roles and responsibilities with participating areas, and defines the expectations of both the requesting group and HR Ops.
Use these Transaction Web Forms to complete transactions related to employee and non-employee records.
Our Client Bulletins
HR Ops sends email bulletins each pay period with transaction deadlines, important updates, reminders, and resources for our clients. If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please email Elizabeth Ontiveros at email@example.com. Past bulletins can be accessed through the following links as well:
- PPE 06/30/20
- PPE 07/15/20
- PPE 07/31/20
Our Contact Information
Contact us by email or by phone for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 725-9079.