The On-site Role Management System provides an automated and central way to compile and maintain the names of faculty, researchers, staff, postdocs, and students in essential roles authorized to work on-site during the phased restart of campus operations following an emergency or disaster. Effective immediately, this is the university’s system of record for authorizing the physical presence of individuals performing essential functions.
Information entered into the On-site Role Management System feeds daily into the Health Check system for compliance reporting purposes.
- Please contact your local head of Human Resources or Director of Financial Administration who will grant access to the Assignment Administrator and Program Manager roles in the system via Authority Manager.
- After receiving an email notification that your access is granted, log into the On-site Role Management System with SUNet ID and password
- Enter, review or change your list of names to ensure its accurate
Definitions of each role can be found in Authority Manager, but are also provided below for reference:
The program manager role is typically held by a leader in the school or unit (such as Senior Associate Dean for Finance and Administration, Director of Finance and Operations, Director of Finance and Administration, or HR Manager). The Program Manager role is responsible for ensuring that individuals in essential or key roles designated by the Dean, Vice-Provost, Vice-President of a school or unit are in compliance with all applicable health and safety requirements issued by the University. This role assists with oversight and program planning for emergencies and disasters affecting the Stanford community.
The program manager role is authorized to run reports for the respective school or unit and analyze compliance data about essential/key roles that reside in the on-site role management system. This role also has access to a suite of centralized compliance reporting dashboards. The dashboards import data from other appropriate systems (for COVID-19 this information includes but is not limited to Health Check, Lenel, STARS and MyDevices) to monitor and ensure appropriate deployment of on-site roles/functions.
The assignment administrator updates information in the system about specific individuals designated by their respective school or unit to perform essential or key roles at the University, including faculty, staff, postdocs, students, and others who are authorized.
This role is permitted to download data from the system for internal reporting purposes, however, this role does not have access to the compliance reporting dashboards.Information maintained by assignment administrators includes whether the essential or key role is authorized to work on-site or off-site, the period of time for the authorization, as well as the type of essential role being performed for the school or unit.
|Assignment Viewer||This role captures view only access to see and download essential on-site or off-site personnel. In addition, this role does have access to On-Site Role Management reporting dashboard with the exception of compliance reporting such as Health Check.|
Resources & job aids
- Emergency Essential Roles Policy
- On-site Role Management System Pre-recorded Training Session(Updated on 7/20/20)
- On-site Role Management System Training Slides (Updated on 7/14/20)
- On-site Role Management System Update Announcement (Sent on 9/10/20)
- On-site Role Management System Job Aid
- On-Site Role Management System Frequently Asked Questions
- On-Site Role Test Kit Administrator Job Aid
For policy questions, please email the Essential Roles Systems Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get help using the On-site Role Management System, please submit a Help Ticket.